Virginia L. Johnson is nationally recognized speaker, instructor, facilitator, communications specialist and marketing strategist.
Her experience in bridging gaps between nonprofits, government and corporations; along with expertise in strategic planning, organizational development and nonprofit sustainability have positioned her as a knowledge leader within several fields – including her passion for substance abuse prevention, in which she has been a Certified Substance Abuse Prevention Consultant since 2001.
Virginia has coordinated federal and statewide initiatives, community mobilization and capacity efforts, developed targeted messaging and integrated digital advocacy within the nonprofit sector.
Virginia is a Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Empowered Ideas, a marketing communications firm focused on small businesses and nonprofits.
Virginia also serves on the Board of Directors for the Addiction Professionals of North Carolina (APNC) and the North Carolina Foundation for Alcohol and Drug Studies (NCFADS), while serving as a Marketing Committee Member for the United Way of the Greater Triangle.
- Substance Abuse Prevention
- Community Mobilization
- Communication Systems
- Grant Writing
- Corporate Team Building
- Strategic Planning
- Organizational Development
- Digital Marketing Strategies
- Online Reputation & Brand Management
- Emerging Internet Technologies
- Website Development & SEO
- Social Media Strategies & Tactics
- Public Relations & Communications
- Engagement Marketing
- Content Marketing & Strategy
- Speaker – CADCA Conference at National Harbor, MD, Feb. 2013
- Speaker – Eastern AHEC Substance Abuse Services State of the Art Conference, 2012
- Speaker – Digital East Conference, Washington, D.C., 2012
- Speaker – National Prevention Network Annual Conference, Pittsburg, PA, 2012
- Speaker – NC Foundation for Alcohol & Drug Studies Summer School, 2012
- Speaker – NAADAC Annual Conference, Indianapolis, IN, 2012
- Speaker – North Carolina Dept. of Instruction’s Annual Conference, Greensboro, NC, 2012
- Speaker – Prevention Is The Answer IV, Burlingon, NC 2012
- Speaker – NC Foundation for Alcohol & Drug Studies Winter School, 2012
- Speaker – Addiction Professionals of NC (APNC) Spring Conference, Asheville, NC, 2012
- Speaker – CADCA National Leadership Forum, National Harbor, MD, 2012
- Speaker – 34th Annual SALIS Conference, Reno, NV, 2012
- Speaker – Eastern AHEC Substance Abuse Services State of the Art Conference, 2011
- Speaker – NC Foundation for Alcohol & Drug Studies (Summer School), 2011
- Speaker – Addiction Professionals of NC (APNC) Spring Conference, 2011
- Speaker – NC Foundation for Alcohol & Drug Studies (Winter School), 2011
- Speaker – CADCA National Leadership Forum, National Harbor, MD, 2011