Virginia L. Johnson is a nationally recognized speaker, instructor, facilitator, communications specialist and marketing strategist.
Her experience bridging gaps among nonprofits, government and corporations; along with expertise in strategic planning, organizational development and nonprofit sustainability have positioned her as a knowledge leader in several fields – including her passion for substance abuse prevention, for which she has been a Certified Substance Abuse Prevention Consultant since 2001.
Virginia has coordinated federal and statewide initiatives, community mobilization and capacity efforts and developed targeted messaging and integrated digital advocacy within the nonprofit sector.
Virginia is a Co-Founder and Managing Partner of Empowered Ideas, a marketing communications firm focused on small businesses and nonprofits.
Virginia also serves on the Board of Directors for the Addiction Professionals of North Carolina (APNC) and the North Carolina Foundation for Alcohol and Drug Studies (NCFADS), while serving as a Marketing Committee Member for the United Way of the Greater Triangle.
Current Board Positions
- Co-Founder & Managing Partner, Empowered Ideas (EI)
- Co-Founder & Managing Partner, Fuquay Coworking
- Marketing Committee, Fuquay-Varina Chamber of Commerce | (2014-Present)
- Ex-Officio Member, North Carolina Foundation for Alcohol and Drug Studies (NCFADS) | (2012-Present)
- Co-Organizer, Linkedin LIVE Raleigh (LLR) | (2010-Present)